Pages

May 28, 2013

In Full Bloom

The lilacs are blooming all around.  It is like a burst of purple everywhere.  I love lilacs.  Lilacs always make me think of living in Provo in the Spring.  The burst of purple and the smell that seems to be everywhere in town.  Having so many lilacs here just makes Spring so happy.  I've also been introduced to the different shades of lilacs.  They have white, dark purple, light purple and even a pink here.  I thought light purple was all their was.

We bought a lilac tree/bush last year but we were unaware that they take a while to bloom once you've planted them.  So we've really been enjoying all the lilac trees in the neighborhood around us.

I decided to walk to pick up Chloe yesterday and on the way home the kids wanted to pick some lilacs.  Now I don't condone picking lilacs off of houses where the tree is close to the house or where obviously the people enjoy their plant but as we walk down the alley, there are some bushes that are outside of fences, sometimes next to the garbages.  I figure nobody will miss them there and besides we'll enjoy them more in our house.

So here are our spoils:

And our dining room and almost entire downstairs smell so beautiful!


No comments: