We found a gem of a park a while ago. It has a big field surrounded by trees. Originally we thought it would be the perfect kite park but we were wrong. The trees protect the field too much so it is too hard to keep a kite up. But it has proven to be a wonderful picnic park and this year Tati can finally climb the tree without any help--although she might still need some. She had a blast climbing this tree. At one point as we were all just laying on the picnic blanket, we suddenly heard her yelp and say, "Help!" So Greg had to quickly go and help her b/c she had lost her footing and had grabbed onto a breaking branch. Thankfully she was holding on pretty strong so he lifted her down. Then Greg broke off the rotten and dead branch so no other little kids would have the same thing happen to them.
I was a bit nervous and that was even before she almost plummeted to her demise but I had recently read this article circulating the internet about how Americans need to parent more like Europeans and give their kids freedom and responsibility with scary things like climbing or wittling and not trying to protect and hover so much. I definitely think I can let go a bit in that regard.
It is super fun to see her growing up and excelling at things so physical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment