Pages

May 26, 2013

Sunny Afternoon

I had a "date" with Greg in the backyard this afternoon.  We don't really ever get a babysitter and go out.  I find it to be so much work to figure out an activity and coordinate with Greg's busy schedule and by the time you figure all that out and go somewhere fun then pay the babysitter, I always feel like it was just too much money that we didn't really even have to spend.  We really need to do better at this because our kids do well with a babysitter and we love our babysitter.  But I digress.  So we were in the backyard having a "date".  This consisted of us, alone, outside, while Gavin was napping and the girls were playing in the living room.  We ate drumstick ice creams and just talked.  I sat in the sun and Greg sat in the shade as we always do.  Then after a while, my legs went to sleep and my butt was super uncomfortable.  And I remembered that we had gotten a hammock last summer (at the reuse fair) and never had a chance to use it.  So Greg tied it to the (unsteady) fence and I clumsily tried to get inside and lay down comfortably and relax.  Let's just say that hammocks are NOT made for pregnant ladies.  And frankly our wobbly fence isn't really made for pregnant ladies either.  Sadly.  To be in a hammock comfortably, you need to lay on your back, and I really needed to lay on my side.  So we ended our date early and let the girls go outside and play in the hammock.  They loved it.  Chloe, our super reader, especially loved reading her book outside.


They swung and laughed and giggled and battled over leg and foot room.  It was all what you'd expect.  I think we need to get a wider hammock that two adults can fit onto because this is quite a narrow hammock and doesn't extend very much at all.

Meanwhile, upstairs, Gavin was sleeping.  Having all the family outside really made us miss him and if we let him sleep too long on Sundays he doesn't go to bed at night (since he starts his nap after 2) so I headed up there to rouse him.  And this is what I found:
I stood staring at him for a while then went and grabbed the camera.  He's so cute with his long eyelashes and his little wife beater on.  After he woke up, he went outside with the girls but  the hammock was too wobbly for him.  He was afraid.  He did enjoy pushing the girls on it though.

It was a great sunny afternoon and definitely recharged our batteries--just what a Sunday afternoon should be like.

No comments: