Pages

November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a fun Thanksgiving. Greg surprised me by organizing a fun dinner with some friends here. The turkey was delicious! It reminded me of my Grandma because she always made turkey when we visited and it totally made me miss her. Anyway, I got all fancy and made a pecan pie. I would never try pecan pie when I was little because it looked freaky and funky. They don't really have pecan pies here in Canada. You can occasionally find little pecan tarts which basically are super mini pies. I got some at Walmart of all places after Canadian Thanksgiving and they were delicious so I told Greg I really wanted to make one. I thought it turned out beautifully, thanks to my sis-in-law's recipe but it wasn't a big hit at the party. Just reminded me how pecan pie is kind of old people pie. Ha, ha. I also have learned that I like my pecan pie like super cold out of the fridge. Yum.

Here's a pic because I was so proud of myself.

And here are some notes from our Thankful Wall this year. I love this tradition. It is fun to hear the things the girls are thankful for evolve and it was fun to have Chloe be able to write her own and even write some for Gavin and Tati.

Gavin is thankful for:
  • boobie milk
  • for my 2 best, biggest sisters in the whole world!
  • for Eugene, the monkey
  • for my pacifier


Tati is thankful for:

  • for fun
  • for candy
  • for my new cougar "Mango"
  • for milk (normal)
  • for my jewelry
  • for anamls (written by Chloe *)
  • for the sun
  • for colrs (*)
  • for ants (huh?)
  • for peanut butter
  • for Sneaky (her BFF jaguar)
  • for my barbie mermaid
  • for Lucy, the elephant (the real one who lives at the zoo)
  • for my mom (yes!)


Chloe is thankful for (in her awesome spelling that I want to remember):

  • the holly gowst
  • for the erths (that's deep)
  • for a home
  • for my school
  • for my family
  • for missionaries
  • for church
  • for my toys
  • for food
  • for books and stufees
  • for frends
  • for Linda (her Llama stuffee)
  • for Samin (Tati's alter ego when she's a dog) (yes, you read that right)
  • for Halowdays


I am thankful for:

  • for my Chloe because I love her so much!
  • for finally having a baby boy!
  • for my cozy duvet on my bed.
  • for our nice camera.
  • for my best friend, Greg (and his biceps)
  • for pretty snowflakes
  • for cranberry gingerale
  • for my sweet, little boy who makes me smile
  • for yummy food
  • for avocados
  • for my Tati who gives me lots of great cuddles and hugs.
  • for video chat


Greg is thankful for:

  • for Canada
  • for fresh fruits and veggies
  • a fully functioning body
  • for snow (sometimes)
  • for technology
  • for blankets
  • for the Book of Mormon
  • for my awesome family



4 comments:

Floyd said...

Very good looking pecan pie and super thanks comments. I tried to list the things I was thankful for and finally decided on just one, my membership in the Lords church; every good thing in my life is the result of my conversion to His church.

Cyndi said...

I love Thanksgiving thankful lists! I especially love Gavin's #1. Aren't we all a little thankful for that?

mel spen said...

the pie looks great... I agree about it being cold, although I can't really remember the last time I ate pumpkin pie. my sis in law made this little pecan pie tarts?? in mini muffin tins, I tried those, they were good. I also need milk (really cold) to go with the pie.

Avacados - found the best bunch at costco recently, ate them all myself.

Hope you aren't frozen, yet.

Carlie said...

Funny you say that about Grandma because when I pulled our turkey out of the oven I said "Oh, it smells like Grandma Getty's house"! And Mike was like "what"? I was missing her too. The tree looks good!