May 7, 2013
Bullseye Baby!
We've been counting down Target opening ever since we found out that Target bought out all the Zellars stores and was finally crossing the border here to Canada. We had heard rumors of the buy out when we first moved here and just always assumed that in the 5 years that were projected for the stores to arrive, we'd already be gone. Ha, ha on us.
Greg said that since we waited so long for it to happen, both he and Chloe would ditch school so we could be there right when it opened at 8. It was super fun to go together on the big day! There was a funny old lady that was talking to her friend a bit disappointed: "I thought I would get a present at the door." I was hoping for a free gift too.
I'm not saying that it wasn't awesome, because it was. It just was a bit of a disappointment too. Our store is really small and has a very limited stock of things. I was all jazzed to hit up the maternity section, for example, and there were 2 t-shirts, two dress choices, 2 pants choices and one skirt. And none of the styles worked on me or were what I needed. I guess we also expected that all the things we haven't been able to get from the US would magically appear but mostly, they didn't. We've heard rumors that some of the other stores in town are much bigger--one of them even 2 story--so I guess we just need to make a special trip to check it out.
The best part of this store opening is that it is literally just walking distance away and in one trip we can ride the escalator at Sears, go to $Dollarama, go to Target and then finish up our walk home by stopping by the library. What more can we ask for? Well, I guess I can ask for a larger maternity section. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Fun posts! I think my favorite picture was the spring thaw! I laughed and laughed at that one.
And that one of Chloe blowing out her birthday candles in that aqua blouse, she looks so grown up in that picture!
well this is exciting! That walking trip could brighten a dreary day for sure.
Tell me this... those big red cement balls, why are they in the front of every Target?
Post a Comment